NaNoWriMo

or to the uninitiated, National Novel Writing Month. I've taken part in this month-long writing-fest for three years now. This year I'm determined to write my 50,000 words. I have my synopsis, my characters, and my chapter plan. I just have to wait until the beginning of November. Here's what the NaNoWriMo website says.

"National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly."

Sound good? Been waiting for an excuse to start on that novel. Well, here it is. Visit the NaNoWriMo website and register for a month of frantic writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running