For those who are too gentle to live among wolves

I've  been so busy with my writing, life and arranging a new project (which I'll hopefully tell you about next month) that I haven't had time to write any new articles for this blog. So until I can sit down and give you the quality time you deserve, I thought I'd share a favourite piece of writing with you. It's by the writer James Kavanaugh. I found this written down in an old journal of mine so apologies if it is laid out wrongly.


For those who are too gentle to live among wolves

I am one of the searchers. There are I believe millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we really content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power, its unceasing motions, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests and mountains, deserts and hidden rivers, and the lonely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as is our laughter. To share our sadness with one we love is perhaps as great a joy as we can know - unless it be to share our laughter.

We searchers are ambitious for only life itself, for everything beautiful it can provide. Most of all we want to love and be loved. We want to live in a relationship that will not impede our wandering nor prevent our search, nor lock us in prison walls. That will take us for what little we have to give. We do not want to prove ourselves to another or to compete for love.

This is a book for wanderers, dreamers and lovers: for lonely men and women who dare to ask of life everything good and beautiful. It is for those who are too gentle to live among wolves.


Have a wonderful Wednesday, whatever you do.

Comments

  1. That is a lovely piece and something I think quite a few of us can relate to, probably most of us, come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running