My 100 Happy Days


Have you heard of 100 happy days? Yes? No? I hadn't until I started to see photos cropping up on various social networking sites with the hashtag #100happydays. Some friends posted images of their latest adventures. Others shared photographs of their loved ones, recipes or most recent purchases. The subject matter was of no concern - these were images of things that had made them happy on that particular day.

The 100 happy days website says this,

"We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being."

"71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason. These people simply did not have time to be happy. Do you?"

The aim is simple. Take a photograph on each of your 100 days of something that makes you happy, then share your photograph on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter or Instagram. If you don't want anyone to see your photo on these sites, email it to 100happydays.com instead.

I never like to shy away from a chance to be happy so today I began the challenge. This is my photograph.



I stopped to look up at these trees on my way to the shops today. This made me happy.

I'll be posting my happy photos on my Tumblr blog - What I See, What I Hear, What I Am.

What about you? Are you up for the challenge to be happy?

Comments

  1. The bird's nest in the bush in front of my house made me happy today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I remember a few years ago I did a 30 Day Photo Challenge on FB, but this challenge seems so much better. I have been having a hard time lately and I think finding something every day that makes me happy will help me. Thank you for sharing this! I'm going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Now you've challenged me to attempt this. What a lovely idea. I had heard of it -- but hadn't dug into it until I read your blog and checked out your Instagram photos. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, Louise, but will you accept the challenge? :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

My new writer website is up and running

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball