Photo Inspiration for May

Today, I have a puzzle for you.


This is a gift that my father bought for his mother (Mrs Roberton) back in the 1950s. Can you guess what it is?

This gadget, quite a small item, is your photo inspiration for May. If you know what it is, you could write about that. If you don't, you could write about what you think it might be. Or perhaps the idea of a son sending a gift to his mother is your inspiration.

Let me know what you think. How does this image inspire you?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Shush, don't tell the others. :-)

      Delete
  2. I see Paul got it. I was going to say some sort of weaving loom since I don't know what the proper names are for them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Kelly. My father obviously had ulterior motives for buying this for his mother. He used to send his socks home to darn.

      Delete
  3. I would never have guessed! My mom used a shell to darn socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, never heard of that before. What a wonderful image.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running