Something Useful for 2015 - Exercise No. 12

I have always been drawn to bridges. Like doors and windows, bridges form a threshold between one place and another. Thresholds are where the magic happens, where one thing becomes another, or maybe where one can be both things at the same time.

I live close to Chester in England. I live in Wales though. On my normal route into Chester, I pass underneath a railway bridge. This bridge marks the threshold between the two countries. The air doesn't look any different on either side. The road doesn't change material and yet I know that I'm crossing a threshold when I walk under that bridge. Magic is happening.

Tell me about your bridge. Is it a real bridge or an imagined one? Is it a footbridge, like the one pictured, or a car bridge, or perhaps a railway bridge? What does your bridge mean to you?

Comments

  1. I've always loved little bridges that people have in their yards to get over a small stream. I think they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

My new writer website is up and running

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball