Photo Inspiration for October

I recently walked into my study and noticed that there was a white smear on the window. When I looked closer, I found this.


 Can you make it out? It's an imprint of a bird that must have collided with the window. You can see its beak, breast feathers and the feathers from an outstretched wing.

I checked the garden but there was no dead or injured bird, and no sign of feathers either, just in case a local cat had taken advantage.

The imprint was created by something completely normal but it signifies a suspended moment in time, a reminder of the past, a ghost.

What would it inspire you to write?

Comments

  1. I had a bird fly into my office window repeatedly this week. Luckily it was flying fast. It was relentless though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running