Photo Inspiration for October

I recently walked into my study and noticed that there was a white smear on the window. When I looked closer, I found this.


 Can you make it out? It's an imprint of a bird that must have collided with the window. You can see its beak, breast feathers and the feathers from an outstretched wing.

I checked the garden but there was no dead or injured bird, and no sign of feathers either, just in case a local cat had taken advantage.

The imprint was created by something completely normal but it signifies a suspended moment in time, a reminder of the past, a ghost.

What would it inspire you to write?

Comments

  1. I had a bird fly into my office window repeatedly this week. Luckily it was flying fast. It was relentless though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Christmas all year round

Pinning Inspiration

Many Sides of Medusa Blog Hop