Choice Words for February

I enjoy naming my characters, both in my plays and in the novel I'm working on. Some of them come ready-named, introducing themselves to me in a way that they could never be altered. Others take some time to work out. Hartley Keg was one of the former. So was Blessing Hawkes. Cormac Moran, on the other hand, went through several names before finding the right one.

In Naming your characters and settings, Roz Morris discusses the importance of name and how she finds them for her books.


Comments

  1. My characters usually come to me with names. I hate when they don't. It's a struggle to think of them myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running