What I'm Doing This Month - May

May has brought sunny weather to where I live, which is ideal for getting out and about but not so great for persuading me to knuckle down to some work.

After writing around 18,000 words during last month's Camp NaNoWriMo, I now have a clearer idea where my second novel is going. I  enjoyed the freedom of working on a first draft, just writing without worrying about any level of polish. It was definitely a useful exercise and made me look at my storyline with fresh eyes.

One of the things that interrupted my writing flow in April was a new arrival in our household. Meet Bailey. While I type, she's having a nap nearby. At this stage, she's needs a lot of attention so my study isn't seeing a much of me at the moment. I'm currently typing at my dining table (using the laptop battery so there are no dangling wires to tempt her). Fingers crossed she settles down and allows me to return to any kind of routine very soon.

I suppose I'm therefore adding fuel to the Bailey time-stealing fire but I've taken on another writing challenge this month - I pledge to write one page every day in May. This event is being run by an online writing club that I'm part of. So far, so good. I've managed my daily page each day this month. Let's hope that continues.

I'm still submitting to and waiting for feedback from literary agents, so in the meantime, I'm getting on with Steve's next adventure in the currently untitled second novel. This time round, there's a dragon and a genie for the usual cast of characters to play with.

What are you doing in May?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

A Writerly Advent Calendar - Window No. 13