What I'm Doing This Month - July

As I expected, June outdistanced me in a race towards the end of the school term, dragging me behind it (and preventing me from posting anything on this blog - sorry about that).

July always brings mixed feelings for me. There is so much to arrange and finalise before the school holidays and yet once the summer break is here I can relax. Only eleven more days to go.

With a puppy to amuse along with my children, this year's summer break is bound to include many many visits to dog friendly sites. Fingers crossed the weather is good enough for time spent outdoors.

Writing

With my novel in the hands of several agents, I've made the decision not to send it out to anyone else until I've completed the entire trilogy. My target this month is to complete the plot, chapter plan and story arcs for the trilogy and finish the first draft of the second novel, with the summer break target of completing the first draft of the entire trilogy.

Mslexia Children's Novel Competition

I've also submitted my novel to the 2016 Mslexia Children's Novel competition. The prize is £5,000 with five finalists attending a special networking event with literary agents. The judges are novelist Anne Fine, literary agent Claire Wilson, and editor Charlotte Eyre. Fingers crossed I make it into the final five.

Performing

This month sees my first performance on stage in years (decades) in a musical revue night by the local amateur dramatics society. My daughter will be taking part too. Wish us luck.

That's my month. What are you up to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

My new writer website is up and running

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball