What I'm doing this month - October


Is the image a big enough hint? Yes, my October is all about writing. The rest of my life has settled back into its autumn routine and I can concentrate on getting the words down on paper/laptop.

Novel

With my first novel polished and doing the rounds of literary agents, I'm flipping between working on the plan for the rest of the Haven series and editing the draft of my second novel in the series. I'm using my murder mystery writing head to pick up the clues from the first novel to develop in the following books. The plan is a bit of a hotch potch at the moment as I keep swapping around the order of events to find the perfect fit. I know the ending. Now, I just have to decide on the middle.

Learning

I didn't intend to concentrate on anything but my novels this autumn but when a friend flagged up a new online writing course, I just had to have a look. Then, I signed up for Storied Women, run by the International Writing Programme at the University of Iowa. It runs through October and November.


This 'ere Blog

I've been a tad remiss over the past few (several) months in posting here, resulting in a paltry number of posts each month. October sees a committed return to writing all my regular blog posts and hopefully several more each month too.

So that's my October. What are you doing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running