What I'm doing this month - November


November 2016 is, for me, all about change. In fact, 2016 has been entirely about change, both in my personal life and how I see myself as a writer. We've had an addition to our family (Bailey the pooch), I've entered new social circles and interests, and I've committed to the process of submitting my novel to literary agents. 

Learning

This month will see me continue on my writing course with the International Writing Programme. Listening to the weekly videos from the writers involved in the course and taking part in the assigned writing exercises has been not only inspirational but has also opened my eyes to my own personal writing process. Additionally, returning to short story writing (for the assignments) has been a surprising joy, re-engaging my interest in a form of writing that I hadn't used in years. 

Writing

While my children's novel has been doing the rounds of literary agents and I've been planning the rest of the series, my muse has been elbowing me about a new project. 

Inspired by my first assignment for the IWP course, I decided that I would like to write something darker than usual, and for an adult audience. I've had a character hanging around in my mind for a while and now I have a storyline to include her in. I'm not taking part in NaNoWriMo this November but I will be using the month to write as much as I can of this new story. I want to see whether it actually is a novel or better suited to a short story, or even a play. 

What are you doing this month?

Comments

  1. Good luck with your new story, Fi. It will be fun to see what it turns into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running