What I'm doing this month - October

It's cold. My coat is rarely off my back, the garden has gone into hibernation, and my feet are freezing all the time.

I finally gave in and switched the central heating on yesterday. My feet are still cold. I may have to buy slippers.

It's going to be a weird month as 'real life' takes over. Well, not so much real as mundane and non writing.

The house purchase has progressed, although no dates are firm as yet, so that frantic decluttering I mentioned this time last month has become even more frantic. Frantic-er? Is that a word? It is now.

You know in the film Top Gun where Tom Cruise's character Maverick and his friend Goose say, "I feel the need, the need for speed"? Well, I feel the need, the need for obsessive and to within an inch of its life organisational skills at the moment. Energy would be good too but I've given up caffeine.

This is probably the last full month I'll have in this house so along with the household organising, decluttering, cleaning, and packing, I need to figure out how to pack away my business too.

Fingers crossed I should have an internet connection and a surface to work from in the new house when we move in but if the worst comes to the worst, you'll find me camped out in the coffee shop with the best wi-fi connection, drinking plenty of decaf latte.

One of the things that is keeping me motivated is the thought of setting up my work-space in the new house. I won't have a separate office unfortunately so I'm working on a set-up that I can pack away each night, clearing the dining table for the family's evening meal. It's all very exciting. I've even started on a mood board - get me!

So, yes, you'll be hearing from me this month but no, there won't be much to report on the writing front. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Moving is always such a cluster of emotions, least of which is the fortitude to deal with everything that must happen in a short space of time. Good luck with everything you need to accomplish, Fi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Moving is never easy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

A Writerly Advent Calendar - Window No. 13