What I'm doing this month - March

This is how March started where I live - snow.

My dog loved it. My teens loved it (and the resulting days off school). Being self employed at home, it wasn't quite so popular with me.

Theoretically, as a home worker the weather shouldn't affect me but with the teens home two days out of the last week, my dog constantly nagging to go out so she could roll in the snow (and then gift it to the rest of the house by shaking herself over anyone nearby and jumping on the sofas), and the fact that our unfinished house isn't the easiest to keep warm, I was a tad disturbed and disgruntled by the plentiful supply of snow.

Having said that, the snow is almost gone and today is grey and drizzly. Maybe the snow wasn't so bad after all.

This month, I launched the website for my new copy and content writing (with a side order of social media) business. You can find the website here. I'm also on Facebook and Twitter, and posted my first introductory blog post on the day of the launch. You can read it here.

Last month, I was approached on LinkedIn to provide content writing on a regular basis, should I pass the original try-out piece. Well, I did pass and this month will see me working my first full month for them as a freelance content writer. Wow - how did that happen? It just goes to show how useful LinkedIn can be for making contacts.

So what else will I be doing this month?

The Novel

Spurred on by encouragement from writer friends, I've set myself a target to have the final draft finished by the summer, finished as in ready to start sending it out to agents again.

The progress I've made with my copy and content writing business has bolstered my confidence in my writing abilities and given me a revitalised approach to getting my story out there, by hook or by crook, or by literary agent or self publishing.

What about you? What are you up to in March?


Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new endeavors, Fi! Your website looks great. I especially love the “About us” section where you tell potential clients what you can do for them—great idea and great copy! I’d hire you if I weren’t a writer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running